Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bahman Ghobadi & Roxana Saberi on “No One Knows About Persian Cats”

“No One Knows About Persian Cats” is the fifth feature from Iranian-Kurdish director Bahman Ghobadi (who won the Camera d’Or at Cannes a decade ago for “A Time For Drunken Horses”) – and the first for his co-writer, Iranian-American journalist Roxana Saberi. (Perhaps best known for having been jailed in Tehran last year, accused of being a spy, Ms. Saberi’s memoir “Between Two Worlds: My Life and Captivity in Iran” will soon be published by HarperCollins.) With the indispensable help of Ghobadi’s translator Sheida Diani – the director speaks English but prefers to conduct interviews in his native Farsi – I spoke with the two about their unique narrative take on Iran’s underground music scene.

To read the interview visit Global Comment.

1 comment:

kona1968 said...

Dear Bahman Jan, After seeing your film twice, I tried to purchase it online and the only website i found that was selling it, was iranianmovies.com . When I recieved the DVD last week, it was quite apparent that this was not an Original but a Pirated Copy. The DVD does not have any Chapters and cuts in and out in some areas. As a Fan and a supporter I just wanted to inform you about this issue. I would also like to know how I can purchase an Original DVD. Thank you, Mehdi